The 4th of July brings out the inner-pyro-hypnotized child in many of us. And while WonderHowTo has plenty of tutorials for using/creating firecrackers , fireworks, and general explosives—for responsible 18+ upstanding citizens only, of course!—some of us prefer to enjoy the fiery goodness from the safety of our computer screens.
To experience an extremely up-close-and-personal view WITHOUT blowing your fingers/face off, check out this extreme POV footage of a camera with a wide-angle lens mounted directly to the good stuff.
YouTube user jeremiahjw shot the footage with the808 Car Keys Micro Camera #11, a super neat covert mini camera that can be purchased on eBay for less than $50. The tiny camera captures 1280 x 720 H.264 30fps in HD as an .mov; it plugs directly into your computer as a USB device; it can record for up to 20 minutes.
Reviewer Chuck Lohr offers full instructions for operating the device; additionally, check out the in-depth review and sample footage in the gallery below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades