If you're into cinematography try creating your own dolly camera platform to get those seamless tracking shots. This is a fun project that will allow you to take your film to the next level, or at least get the shot you want.
When pros want a smooth tracking shot, they pay top dollar for a rolling camera platform. For those of us not on a Hollywood budget, try this DIY dolly.
You Will Need
* Tape measure
* 2 3' long 2&amp;quot; x 2&amp;quot; pieces of angled aluminum
* 3/8&amp;quot; bit
* 60 flat washers
* 12 3/8&amp;quot; x 2&amp;quot; carriage bolts
* 16 nuts
* 12 skateboard wheels
* 2 adjustable wrenches
* 3' x 3' ¾&amp;quot; plywood
* 4 3/8&amp;quot; x 4&amp;quot; carriage bolts
* 2 20' pieces 2&amp;quot; PVC
* A camera
* A tripod
Step 1: Drill wheel holes
Step 2: Finish drilling aluminum
Step 3: Finish casters
Step 4: Prepare the wood
Step 5: Attach the aluminum
Step 6: Lay down the track
The Italian film Cabiria released in 1914 was the first popular film to feature a dolly shot.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades