Slow motion isn't just for blockbusters and indie films. Sometimes it's for pure wonderment, like the bullet that seems to melt away at impact, the chemical burning of phosphorus and gelatin on the head of a match, and the distorted skin and disgusting sweat being thrown from a punched face.
It's all about the joy of capturing and seeing things we were never meant to see, and one camera does it better than any other—the Phantom Flex. Earlier this year, Tom Guilmette was in Las Vegas filming the World Championships of Ping Pong for FOX, but in truth, he captured his best footage late at night in his hotel room, at 2,564 frames per second.
Don't you wish you could be cooped up in a Vegas hotel room all night long with a 1080p high speed camera? Chances are you never will, since this slow motion camera costs anywhere from $50,000 to $150,000, depending on the model/features. But Tom was one of the lucky few to lay hands on one, and fought the need for sleep that night, relishing every moment of it.
P.S. The Ping Pong Championship doesn't look too shabby, either.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades