One of the greatest innovations in the DSLR revolution is not only being able to execute shots you never dreamed possible, but you'll find it's affordable, too. I can't think of a better example than this remote controlled DSLR helicopter rig, designed specifically for the Canon 7D and 5D.
Advertised as "high definition, low altitude photography and videography," HeliVideo's founder, Eric Austin combines his experience and love of remote controlled helicopters with his knowledge as a videographer. Taking advantage of the stellar picture quality of the Canon DSLR line, HeliVideo's rigs are clean, quite, and safe; you can now get the Michael Bay shot without the headache (...and the bullhorn).
Mr. Austin was also the aerial photographer on this slick Moto-X video (shot on the 7D) above. There's a particularly great shot at 0:10 that takes advantage of not only the low-profile nature of this rig, but also the 60P feature of the Canon 7D. Even 3 years ago, a slow motion boom-up shot like this would have only been possible on a full-sized crane with a high-speed motion picture film camera.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades